You bought your pots, your soil is ready and you have a lovely sunny spot identified for your cannabis plants.
What is the best way to germinate your seed?
Again the opinions are varied, but what I have found to work is the following
- Sanitize a glass with some hydrogen peroxide or bleach
- Pour in clean water and drop your seed/s into the water
- As soon as the seeds drop to the bottom of the glass you can move them to a container with a wet paper towel in it
- cuddle your seeds between two seeds and wet them
- keep your closed container in a warm place, between 20 and 25 degrees Celsius
- When the seeds sprout a root, move them to your seedling cup or container, filled with moist soil.
- Now you wait for the most beautiful site – a small head poking out through the dirt.
- Lightly water your new baby, too much water will surely drown it.
- Depending on the size of your newborn’s container you can now transplant to your grow pot or you can keep her in the cup until she has gained some size.
A seedlings main predators are too much water, drought and damping off
So be careful when you water and how much. For damping off you can use a weak solution of hydrogen peroxide, about 2%. Lightly spray your new seedling, especially around the stem close to the soil. This will kill the mold that causes damping off.